top of page
  • Is new business direct bill?
    No, new business is not billed or invoiced. The approved quote shows the amount of premium due and policies are issued upon payment. Payment can be made online at or by mailing in a check to our office.
  • What are different methods of payments you accept?
    We offer a variety of payment choices. We accept all major credit cards, however we do charge a fee to cover the cost of processing. We know some of your clients will want to avoid this fee, this is why we also offer electronic checks which are free of any surcharge!
  • Can cancellations be backdated?
    We try to be as flexible as possible, however, typically will not allow policy cancellations to be backdated.
  • Are there times when, due to loss experience, policies are not renewed?
    On occasion, we may not renew a flood insurance policy due to loss experience. When this action is taken, it will most often relate back to the fact that the National Flood Insurance Program does not make loss experience information available to private flood insurers. Approximately 30% of all flood insurance losses over time come from repetitive loss properties. This being the case, prudent capital management dictates that some policies should not be renewed.
  • Where are cancellation refunds sent?
    Cancellation refunds are processed with monthly commission statements and returned to the producer, not the insured. This allows the producer to retain control of how their policies are administered. If CATcoverage receives a duplicate payment (one from the insured, and one from the mortgage company), refunds are returned directly to the insured.
  • How much do you pay for commission?
    Flood: We offer a 15% commission on flood insurance and 12.5% commission on renewals. Earthquake: We also offer 10% commissions for new and renewal on earthquake insurance.
  • When and how are commissions paid?
    Commissions are paid via check every month for policies that took effect the previous month. Return premiums for any mid-term cancellations or endorsements will also be included in this check. We will email you a statement with a detailed breakdown.
  • Can I charge a broker fee?
    We will not collect or file any additional fees on your behalf. However, if allowed in your state, you may charge an additional broker fee. The fee will need to be charged and filed separately from the transaction. Fees should be disclosed and charged in compliance with the laws of your state.
  • Will I get a 1099?
    No, you will not be sent a 1099 from our company.
  • Do you require a W-9?
    We will not make you fill out a W-9. It’s that easy.
  • Can I backdate a policy effective date?
    While it is our policy not to grant retroactive coverage, if you submit a letter of no loss we may be able to assist you with obtaining coverage back to the closing date. However, backdating to a previous calendar month is typically not an option. We will need to see loan documentation that shows the closing date.
  • What do I do if my quote has expired and my application has been archived?
    If a previously approved quote has expired, you can press the "copy this application" button to requote the account. The application will then be duplicated by our software, which will then bring in as much information as possible from the previous record, to make the data entry quick and simple.
  • What information do I need to get a quote?
    In order to give you the most accurate pricing, you will need to provide six details about the property: Address Year of construction Estimated replacement cost value Square footage Foundation type Number of floors
  • How long does it take to get a quote?
    Getting a quote should take less than five minutes. However, there may be instances where it may require an underwriter's attention, which typically takes a full business day.
  • Why do you need to know the replacement cost of the building?
    The building value is one of the factors usually used in determining the cost to insure the building. The building value affects the insurance company's projections regarding how much it will cost to fix or replace that building in the event of a loss.
  • How do I get binder?
    Because we issue your policy within seconds of receiving payment, and you may pay online, there is no need for a binder when using our system.
  • How do I get a copy of an application?
    After your application has been reviewed by our automated process, or manually by our underwriter, you will be emailed a copy of the application. Additionally, you can navigate to the application and print a copy there.
  • When will my quote expire?
    Quotes approved by underwriting are valid for 45 days. If your quote has expired, you can copy the application and submit it again to an underwriter. Just click "copy this application," located on the application of the expired quote.
  • How are premiums calculated? calculates the premium for each structure by using third-party data to evaluate the flood risk. This may include things such as distance to water, lowest floor elevation compared to the FEMA base flood elevation, and home attributes. Risks are calculated using rooftop accuracy and do not rely solely on flood zones.
  • Broker of record?
    Yes, we will accept a broker of record letter. Please send your signed BOR to
  • How do I get a copy of a policy?
    To review a specimen copy of our terms and conditions click the links below. All information and documents on this website, and all uses of the website, are subject to our Important Notices. Please find them here: Important Notices Commercial Residential
  • How long does it take for a policy to be underwritten?
    We know how busy you are, so we’re committed to getting your application done quickly and efficiently. 60% of applications will receive an instant decision. For the other 40%, the application will be sent to one of our underwriters, with a response typically within a few hours.
  • Do I need to be a surplus lines broker?
    No, you do not need to be a surplus lines broker to do business with us. We are licensed as a surplus lines broker in all 50 states. As a courtesy, we will file and remit payment for any premium taxes. When you write a policy, any documents that you and/or the insured need to sign are included with the policy documents. We simply request you return these documents within 48 hours of receiving them.
  • How do I rewrite a policy?
    Navigate to the cancelled policy. In the upper left hand corner click the rewrite button. This will create a different application using the same data as the original policy. Review each section of the application. When you are ready, submit the application again as if it were a brand-new.
  • Do federally regulated lenders accept NCIP flood insurance to satisfy the mandatory purchase of flood insurance requirement?
    The NCIP is the most widely known and accepted Private Flood Insurance form, and is accepted by lenders to satisfy the mandatory purchase requirement of flood insurance. However, every once in a while you may have a lender that is not familiar with the NCIP, so below we have gathered a few documents to help you and your client satisfy any questions the lender may have. Flood Certification of Conformity Lender Acceptance of NCIP is Mandatory Compliance Flood Insurance Reform Modernization
  • How often do rates change?
    Sometimes rates may change for certain customers. We try our best to ensure minimal disruption during the renewal period, however some of our catastrophic products are model driven, and may be subject to change.
  • Is renewal automatic?
    65 days prior to the expiration date of a policy issued through the platform, the Producer, Insured, and Mortgage Company should receive a renewal pricing indication and invoice. If the applicable renewal premium is not received prior to expiration, coverage will cease. Underwriters reserve the right to cancel or non-renew any policy of insurance by giving reasonable notice as may be required by applicable regulations. Once the policy enters the renewal/billing cycle, changes to the policy that could affect the released premium cannot be made until the policy renews into the new term.
  • Can you provide me a copy of my policy?
    You bet. You may download a copy of your in force policy by going to You'll need your policy number that begins with NCIP or CNCIP and the zip code where the property is located.
  • What does your policy cover?
    When it comes to definitions, you can find them in our specimen policy by clicking the links below. If you have any additional questions please feel free to reach out. We are here to help. All information and documents on this website, and all uses of the website, are subject to our Important Notices. Please find them here: Important Notices Commercial specimen policy Personal specimen policy
  • Do you have sample policy wording?
    Yes. You may download a specimen copy of the NCIP policy form (Terms and Conditions) below. Note, the specimen is provided as is for general explanatory purposes and furnished without representations or warranties of any kind. All information and documents on this website, and all uses of the website, are subject to our Important Notices. Please find them here: Important Notices Commercial Personal
  • Are policies transferable?
    Our policies are not transferable. However, you may write a new policy should the need arise. If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch.
  • Do you offer coverage for commercial lines?
    You can use our online platform to quote both commercial and personal lines of insurance as long as your requested limits are less than $2,500,000. If you want a higher limit, please speak to an underwriter about submitting an application for open market placement.
  • Do I need an elevation certificate?
    We do not require flood elevation certificates to underwrite your flood policy. This is not only a huge time saver for your client, but it will save them money as well.
  • Can I get a policy if the location has previously been damaged?
    No. Our current underwriting guidelines will not allow us to offer coverage on properties that have had previous loss or damage from the hazard(s) you are applying for. Prior losses are a general indication of increased vulnerability and higher potential of future losses.
  • Do you offer contents coverage in basements?
    A sublimit up to $15,000 or the maximum contents limit, whichever is less.
  • Is increased cost of materials included in the policy limits automatically?
    This coverage is not automatically included. However, you can purchase this coverage for additional premium.
  • What coverages are available?
    Through, you can obtain coverage for perils not typically covered by a property owner's standard insurance policy such as: Earthquake: Available nationwide, excluding California. Flood: Offered in all States except Kentucky and Louisiana.
  • Do you offer coverage for mobile homes?
    Mobile homes can be considered, however they must be tied down to be eligible.
  • Are there waiting periods?
    Please consult the applicable policy form for definitive information about any applicable waiting periods which may apply to a specific insurance policy. As of this writing, policies issued under the NCIP program for the peril of flood become effective 15 days from the inception date. Coverage for the peril of earthquake becomes effective on the 5th day from the inception date of the policy. Insurers represented on which do not use the NCIP policy form, have waiting periods that vary. Check the policy terms and conditions as issued to reliably determine waiting periods. Exceptions Certain waiting periods may not apply, if similar coverage (either flood and/or earthquake) provided by the platform, has been in place up to the inception date of the insurance offering. Only the language in the applicable insurance policy should be relied upon as definitive. The flood offering waiting period may not apply when flood insurance is required as a result of a lender. If a lender is creating, increasing, extending, or renewing a loan, the policy should be effective at the time of loan closing. In this instance, the Certificate requires Underwriter approval of the application, along with payment of premium. Only the language in the applicable insurance policy should be relied upon as definitive.
  • Do you have co-insurance?
    Some policies are not subject to coinsurance, some policies may be subject to coinsurance. Please consult your policy language to determine if a coinsurance clause applies.
  • What's the difference between an NCIP and NFIP policy?
    We have a great comparison chart along with a video here: NCIP vs. NFIP We also have a printable NCIP vs. NFIP PDF available for your convenience.
  • How do I make a change to my agency profile?
    First, login, then click the My Agency button on the menu bar. There you will be able to update your license information, active users, contact information etc.
  • How to Start a Quote
    1. To start quoting, make sure you are signed up. 2. Once you are signed up, click Login. 3. Enter your credentials and click sign in. 4. Once you are signed in click Get Personal Quote or Get Commercial Quote. It's that easy!
  • How to Submit a Claim
    1. Hover over Claims in our menu and click Submit a Claim. 2. Enter in the policy number and the zip code of the property. Click continue. 3. Select whether you're a producer or agent, a policyholder or insured, or someone else. 4. Continue filling out the rest of the information in the form to submit your claim.
  • How to Update the Mortgagee
    1. Login to and search for the policy. 2. Click “Manage this policy” on the top right-hand side of the screen. 3. Select “Make Non-premium bearing endorsement.” 4. You can edit or update the information here. 5. Click “Save Changes” below the Mortgagee information. 6. Click “Save all Changes & Create Endorsement”, located the top right-hand side of the screen.
  • How to Update Contact Info or Flood Zone on a Residential Policy
    1. Login to and search for the policy 2. Click “Manage this policy” on the top right-hand side of the screen. 3. Select “Make Non-premium bearing endorsement.” 4. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen 5. Update the insured's information/Flood Zone 6. Click “Save all Changes & Create Endorsement”, located on the top right-hand side of the screen.
  • How to Update Flood Zone on a Commercial Policy
    1. Visit and Login. Search for the policy. 2. Click “Manage this policy” on the top right-hand side of the screen. 3. Click “Make Premium-bearing endorsement”. 4. Select the term you need to make the endorsement for (current or next renewal). 5. Update the limits 6. Click “Calculate Endorsement”, located at the top right-hand side of the screen. 7. Scroll down to view the “Ending Cost” in red. This will be the pro-rated AP or RP. 8. Click “Submit Endorsement for Underwriting Review”, located top right-hand side of the screen.

*A limited number of the insurance policies available through do not use the Natural Catastrophe Insurance Program (NCIP) coverage form.  If you receive a policy form that is not identified as an NCIP policy, then the descriptions of coverage found on the website may not apply. You should review the policy carefully to confirm it meets your client's needs.

bottom of page